Man, girlfriend die from generator fumes after birthday celebration

A young Nigerian couple have died from generator fumes in Ugborikoko Community, Uvwie Local Government Area of Delta State.

The man and his girlfriend, whose identity remain unknown, passed on in their sleep after a night of celebration on the lady’s birthday.

He had taken his lover to a night club to celebrate her birthday bash on Sunday, but unfortunately they died in the early hours of Monday, Dec 11.

It was learnt that after the couple left the club, they went to the lady’s shop and put on the generating set inside before they slept off. They died before day break.

Delta State Police PRO, DSP Bright Edafe, confirmed the report on Tuesday morning in response to an inquiry.

Meanwhile, in other news…

An African woman who recently moved to the United Kingdom to work as a nurse has reportedly died after a sleep driving accident.

She was said to have fallen asleep behind the wheel while driving home from a night shift at a hospital in Beckton and crashed.

According to a UK-based Nigerian @LordEmee1, the yet-to-be identified nurse is a single mother of two children – 18 and 15 years. He said the women relocated to UK in January 2023.

The post reads; “An African nurse here in the UK has died after she slept off while driving home from a night shift. A single mum of 18 n 15 yrs She came in January this year.

May her soul rest in peace Her hospital is in Beckton – unfortunately, this is the only info I can disclose about her.”