How to start a successful laundry business in Nigeria
Laundry business in Nigeria is a goldmine that many people are not aware of. This business involves the washing, drying and ironing of clothes and other textile materials. The interesting thing about laundry business is that it has low risk compare to other businesses.
In this article, I will be talking about how you can start a successful laundry business in Nigeria.
4 Important Reasons why you should start a laundry business
Are you contemplating on whether you should start a laundry business? Take a look at these 5 important reasons.
1. Cost of Setting up
You do not need very large capital to set up a laundry business. You can always start small and grow.
2. It is very profitable
Laundry business is very profitable, you can make a lot of money from it and you see it as we progress in this article.
3. Availability of customers
With the right marketing, there are always people that will patronize you.
4. Part time job
You can run it as a part time job.
Is laundry business in Nigeria profitable?
Laundry business is very profitable in Nigeria. I recently met a laundry man and |I asked him of his daily income. He told me he makes at least N20,000 daily.
I wash a shirt for N300, now imagine washing a minimum of 20 shirts a day, that is N6,000. If you add trousers, senators, suits which are more expensive, you are looking at cool cash.
Steps to start a laundry business
1. Do a market research
Generally before you start any business, you must do a market survey to know exactly what you are going into. You can visit an established laundry business around your location to see things for yourself.
You can ask questions about:
- starting capital
- Equipment etc
2. Find a good location
After you have done your research, the next thing to do is to get a good location. getting a good location can help your business tremendously.
When choosing a location, you must consider the following criteria:
- Population of the area: You need to get a location with high traffic of people.
- Standard of living: Apart from high traffic, you must know the class of people in that area. For example, you will get more client in middle class area than in a low class area.
- Cost of Setting up a shop: You have to know how much it will cost to to set up a shop in that area.
3. Purchase laundry equipment/ Materials
Now you have gotten a good location, the next thing is to get laundry equipment. The equipment you get will depends on your capital.
Here are some equipment you need
- Washing machine and dryer
- Ironing board
- Packaging nylon
- Pegs etc.
For more on equipment you need – Click Here
This is very important because you can have a good shop and get low patronage. marketing your business is what you have to spend time on.
Here are some tips to market your laundry business
- Print flyers and share in your neigbourhood
- Put a banner or signpost outside your shop to let people know what you do.
- Use the power of social media to your advantage, post your services online.
- Go around the neigbourhood to tell them about your services and offer them discount.
- And lastly do home delivery and pickup.
Other things you can do
- Register your business with CAC
- Brand your laundry business
Laundry business in Nigeria is a profitable one you can start with any capital you can raise and grow in it.
10 business ideas to start as a student in Nigeria
10 businesses you can start with N100,000 in Nigeria in 2023