The Federal Government says it is not aware of any $875 million ammunition deal with the US which according to media reports, is being blocked by US lawmakers.
Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed, made the disclosure while speaking with the News Agency of Nigeria on Friday in Abuja.
He said there was no contract of such nature and sum between Nigeria and the US
Mohammed said; “There is no contract of arms between the Federal Republic of Nigeria and the United States of America today apart from the 12 Super Tucano Attack Helicopters of which six had been delivered.
“We are quite satisfied with the progress and cooperation that we received from the government of the US on this issue.
“As a matter of fact, six of the Tucano helicopter will be launched on Aug. 3, this year.
“We are not aware of the so called 875million USD arms contract or some helicopters which they said some lawmakers in the US are trying to persuade the president of the US not to honour.
“The relationship between Nigeria and the US is smooth and waxing stronger”.