Rice water contains substances known to help protect and repair your skin. It’s said to soothe and tone your skin, and even improve different skin conditions. Rice water is also perfect for restoring damaged hair.
Rice water is a nutrient-rich elixir which has a lot of unbelievable health benefits? There are speculations that drinking rice water or eating certain types of rice can help fix eye problems like macular degeneration, which usually affects older people and can result in blindness.
Rice water contains inositol, a carbohydrate that helps strengthen your hair and reduces surface friction.
What rice water contains
Rice water is rich in vitamins B, C, and E, starch, complex carbohydrates, protein, as well as some minerals that in conjunction make your skin tight, bright and youthful. Studies show that the rice bran oil found in rice water protects the skin from sun damage. In addition to amazing benefits for the skin, rice water is also amazing for the hair because it contains inositol, a naturally occurring carbohydrate that is known to repair damaged hair.
What you need
- 1/2 cup uncooked rice
- 2 cups water
Benefits of rice water
- It contains anti-aging properties
- It cures fine lines and wrinkles.
- Rice water helps to minimize the appearance of pores and promotes cell growth.
- It makes your skin soft and it helps restore pH level.
- It is used as a natural sunscreen, protecting you from dangerous UV rays.
- It treats sunburns.
How to make rice water
There are different ways of making rice water. You can either soak, boil or ferment your rice.
- Start by rinsing the rice under running water to remove any dirt or impurities
- Soak ½ cup of rice in a glass of water.
- Let it soak for 30 minutes to an hour and then strain the water.
- Strain the rice away from the rice water and set aside.
- You can also boil ½ cup of rice with much water, boil for 15 minutes
- Pour into a spray bottle.
How to use rice water
- Put a small amount of rice water on a cotton ball and gently smooth over your face and neck as a toner.
- To clean with it, massage it into your skin.
- Rinse if desired.
- You can also make a face mask with a thick sheet of tissue paper.
Other ways rice water can be used
- The soothing effect of rice water makes it a great treatment for acne. It will help reduce redness while acting as an astringent, which will help prevent future breakouts.
- It can be used as face cleanser and face toner
- Rice water ease the discomfort that comes along with eczema.
- Rice water can be used as hair shampoo and conditioner