Olive oil is a liquid obtained from olives, a traditional tree crop of the Mediterranean Basin. The oil is produced by pressing whole olives. Using olive oil in skin care is an absolute must for its moisturizing, healing and anti-aging properties. We can reap the full benefits that olive oil provides both in terms of skin and health.
Olive oil is a different kind of moisturizer. When you use olive oil as a moisturizer, you put natural ingredients onto your skin. These natural ingredients work in harmony with your skin’s chemistry to give you the balance you crave. Olive oil has antioxidants and natural acids that work in harmony with your skin to strengthen its natural barrier. It contains a combination of sebum (the natural oils in your skin) and micro-flora (a healthy bacteria).
Whether applied to face or body, olive oil will penetrate deep into the skin and provide a long-lasting shield of moisture to keep skin smooth and supple. Used either as a night cream or daily moisturizer, it is best applied to damp skin, when water can help reduce any feeling of greasiness.
Many of us consider Extra Virgin Olive Oil (commonly referred to as EVOO) a staple in the kitchen cupboard, so we have had this wonder ingredient right under our noses all the time without realizing its skin care value.
Benefits of olive oil to the skin
- Vitamins A and E
- Rich in Antioxidants
- Eliminates Free Radicals
- Removes Blackheads
- Treats Dandruff
- Treats Stretch Marks
- Prevents Stretch Marks
- Dry Cuticles
- Speeds up Cellular Rejuvenation
- Heals Diaper Rash
- Heals Scars, Burns and Cuts
- Natural Moisturizer
- Age-Busting Moisturizer Lotion
- It fights bacteria
If you would like to use olive oil on your face, just remember that quality matters. Endeavor to get good olive oil product
How to make your olive oil moisturizer
- 1 small cucumber, peeled and deseeded
- 2 tbsp virgin organic olive oil
- 1 lime juice
- Combine the ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
- Pour into a glass jar and screw on the lid tightly.
- Use morning and night.
- Store in the fridge and use within 3 days.
Things to spice up with olive oil
You can add few drops of olive oil to the underlisted beauty products for effective results.
- Shaving Cream
- Hair Conditioner
- Dandruff. Use a couple of drops of olive oil massaged into the scalp and then rinse off. You may combine with your favourite essential oil if you are not a fan of the smell.
- Skin Exfoliator – combine 4 tbsp granulated sugar with 3 tbsp of olive oil and use as a skin exfoliating scrub for face, body and feet.
- Cuticle and Nail Cream