Crime WatchGossip

Married woman fakes her kidnap, shares ransom money with secret lover

The Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Police Command have arrested a married woman who faked her kidnap and demanded N2 million as ransom from her husband.

Commissioner of Police, Bennett Igweh disclosed on Wednesday, that the suspect, who is pregnant, was arrested following a report by her husband, Chiedozie Ubah.

While addressing newsmen, Igweh said that on March 11, Ubah Saburi II dei-dei in Abuja a police station to report that his pregnant wife left home to the hospital for a scan but did not return.

The police commissioner said the man later received a call from his wife, who claimed that she had been kidnapped and that the aductors were demanding N2m ransom.

Mr Ubah paid the ransom money into his wife’s account as instructed in order to secure her release and after they were reunited he took her to the police station.

However, during interrogation, she confessed to planning the fake abduction with one man named Walter Ezeala who lives in the same area.

It was later revealed that the boyfriend received N800,000 naira from the ransom, while the woman pocketed the balance of N1.2million.

The police statement read; “He later received a call through his wife’s phone number telling him that his wife had been kidnapped and demanded for two (2) million naira ransom before her release. He transferred the sum of two (2) million naira into his wife’s account as instructed by the kidnapper.

He later brought his wife to the station after her release. During interrogation, the wife freely confessed to have conspired with one man named Walter Ezeala ‘m’ living in the same street with them at Saburi to extort money from her husband.

The said Walter was arrested, and he confessed that his own share was eight hundred thousand (N800,000) naira and the lady took one million two hundred thousand naira (N1,200,000). The sum of Seven hundred and ninety-three thousand five-hundred-naira (N793,500) cash, two (2) FCMB ATM cards and two android phone was recovered from them.”