Do you know you can start making your own organic black soap and save yourself the headache of spending so much money on black soap. Organic black soaps are soap guaranteed to give you a glowing skin when mixed properly. Black soap has been known as a cosmetic tool and a remedy for many skin disorders. This is why knowing how to make it at home can be very useful.
If you buy black soaps, then you will know that there are many recipes of black soap with different ingredients meant for different purposes which works to moisturize and make your skin glow and look fresh and young.
1. Black soap for skin whitening and glow
This black soap is able to remove blemishes, add your skin a healthy youthful glow, and even slightly lighten your skin.
What you need
- 2 tablespoons of turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoons of powdered milk
- 2 tablespoons of shea butter
- 2 tablespoons of powdered oatmeal
- 5 tablespoons of powdered orange peel
- 4 tablespoons of raw honey
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of powdered sandalwood
- ½ tablespoons of sulfur (powdered)
- 50ml of fresh lemon juice
- 500g of African black soap (factory-made)
- Lukewarm rice water
- Mortar and pestle
- Measuring scales and a measuring spoon
- A number of bowls
- Place the rice water into the mortar and add the black soap. Start pounding the soap with the water thoroughly.
- When the soap is mashed into a more or less even mass, start adding the powdered turmeric, orange peel, sulfur, sandalwood, and milk.
- Pound everything very carefully and thoroughly. Now, melt the shea butter and when it’s completely liquid, pour it into the mortar to other ingredients.
- Add the lemon juice and whatever else remains and stir the mixture so that it’s completely smooth and even. Check to see if the mixture is thick and, if needed, add some rice water.
- Pour the mixture into the container and leave to get solid.
2. Traditional Africa black soap for smooth and flawless skin
This soap is guaranteed to give you flawless and smooth skin with consistency and proper mixing,
What you need
- 9 oz Coconut Oil
- 20 oz Palm Oil
- 3.5 oz Shea Butter
- 0.6 oz Coconut Carbon
- 0.5 – 1.5 oz Fragrance or Essential Oil
- 14 oz Water
- Make your lye solution and let it cool down. It is okay to prepare lye solution 1-2 days in advance.
- Weigh the oils and butters into stainless steel pot (no enamel because there will be problems if it chips). Heat between 120 – 140 F
- Add cooled lye solution slowly into oils and stir with your spoon for 2 minutes.
- You can either add the coconut carbon directly to batch or remove a few ounces of your soap base, add it to a a smaller container & mix in the coconut carbon separately.
- Pour the coconut carbon mixture into to pot and blend with a stick blender for about 1 minute.
- Occasionally use the spoon to ensure that all solution is incorporated from sides of pot. Mix properly.
- Pour soap into prepared molds and leave open for 24 hours or until well formed. (If left in a cold room, it can take days mold).