Did you know that you can make juice without a juicer? This method works great for times when you don’t have access to a juicer or while traveling. All you’ll need is a blender, a strainer, and a large bowl. When you make juice without a juicer, you should do it at a certain pace, not too fast and not too slow. If you try to squeeze the juice quickly, it will become muddy. If you squeeze the juice slowly, the liquid will react with oxygen and you won’t be able to keep the product for a long time without it turning sour.
There are different types of fruit juices you can make and enjoy at home.
- Fruit juices
- Vegetable juices
- Berry juices
- Wood juices made from birch, chestnut, etc.
What you need for your juice
- 1 large beetroots
- 3 carrots
- 2 large kale leaves
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 2 slices of ginger
- 4-5 mint leaves
- 1 apple (optional, for sweeter juice)
- 1.5 cups water
Note: you can use your favorite fruits and/or vegetables instead
- Fine mesh strainer
- Bowl, on top of which the mesh strainer fits nicely
- Prep your fruits and/or vegetables properly: peel and pith citrus; peel pineapple; scrub beets, carrots, ginger, etc., and cut off the tops and bottoms. Chop each fruit and veggie into pieces.
- Add all ingredients to a blender and mix until smooth – the timing of this will depend on your blender. It should resemble a thick smoothie at this point.
- Fit the mesh strainer on top of the bowl and pour the blended mixture through the strainer. Press with the spatula to extract more juice. Allow to sit for a few minutes so that every bit of juice possible makes its way into the bowl.
- You can also use a nut bag to squeeze as much liquid out as you can, and then remove the dry(ish) pulp, then repeat with the second half of the mixture.
- Enjoy straight away, or store in an airtight container in the fridge a day or two.
If the ingredients are very juicy (like an orange or a watermelon), then a sieve would be helpful for you. You can also use gauze if you want to squeeze out the juice of very juicy fruits.