Nigerian Chapman is an easy cocktail drink with a nice blend of fruity flavors. This is a must have drink in all events. It is not only delicious but appealing to the eyes.
There are lots of ways how you can make chapman, while they are almost similar, the only difference is in the chapman ingredients.
It Christmas and I bet you don’t want to spend so much money on drink when you can make chapman and get it refrigerated for guests.
Here are two great chapman recipe.
2. Non-alcoholic chapman recipe
This is the most popular brand of chapman and also my favorite. It is perfect for all age and people with medical conditions have no problem drinking this because it is not spiked with alcohol.
What you need:
- 350 ml can of Fanta;
- 350 ml can of Sprite;
- 2-4 tablespoons of pomegranate syrup;
- A lemon;
- A lime;
- An orange;
- A cucumber.
How to prepare it:
- Cut your fruits in half. Cut up some halves into quarters to use for garnish and squeeze the juice out of the rest.
- Cut the cucumber in slices and set it aside for garnish.
- Mix all the liquids in a glass jar.
- Put ice in the glasses, pour the drink and garnish the cocktails with citrus quarters and cucumber slices
1. Chapman recipe with Campari
What you need:
- 35cl Fanta
- 35cl Sprite
- A few spoons of your favorite bitters (Alomo or Angostura);
- One cup of grenadine;
- 1/4 cup of Campari (the amount depends on how alcoholic you want your drink)
- ½ lemon;
- One cucumber;
- ½ Orange
- Ribena Blackcurrant (optional)
How to prepare it
- Make the ice cubes either with water or a mixture of the fanta and the sprite.
- Make sure the Grenadine Syrup, Fanta and Sprite are chilling in the fridge.
- Cut the orange and the lemon into two equal parts each then cut one half of each into thin quarters. Reserve the other halves for squeezing into the drink
- Put a few ice cubes in the mugs.
- Add half a cup of the Grenadine Syrup, this should be about one third of the dimpled mug.
- Add a few dashes of Angostura Bitters (to your taste).
- Add a squeeze of orange and lemon each.
- Share the Fanta equally between the two mugs, do the same for the Sprite. Remember to leave some space because the garnishing’s will take up their own volume.
- Add your sliced garnishing’s: cucumber, orange and lemons. This list goes on and on, some people even add bananas to theirs
- Top off with Ribena blackcurrant if you have it.
- Stir with the straws and it is ready for drinking!