A pimple is a kind of comedo that results from excess sebum and dead skin cells getting trapped in the pores of the skin. A nostril pimple could be a pore blockage or a sign of infection. This type of acne can be very painful because it occurs on the inside of the nose where there are tons of tiny blood vessels and nerve endings.
Overproduction of oil and a build-up of bacteria contribute to pimples. Areas of the skin that have the largest number of functional oil glands, such as the face, neck, chest, back and shoulders, are often affected.
Generally, it’s best to leave these zits alone because aggressive picking could lead to the spread of infection. However, if it causes pain or irritation, there are a few easy ways to get rid of it. In this article, I will show you some really effective pimple treatment tips to reduce the swelling and deal with the infection at home.
Causes of nose pimple
Pimple can be caused by a number of contributing factors which include:
- Unhealthy diet
- Bacteria or fungal infection
- Blowing your nose too hard
- Nose picking etc
Homemade treatment for nose pimple
One effective means of curing pimple inside the nose is a mixture of salt solution. This salt solution is easy to make at home and is quite effective in giving relief to every pain and discomfort caused by this pain.
- Hot water
- Dissolve a small quantity of ordinary table salt in some boiling water, and allow it to cool.
- Dab a clean cotton bud into the solution, and gently bathe the sore area inside your nose.
- After this, you need to remove as much moisture from the sore place as you can.
- It is easiest to do this with another clean, dry cotton bud.
If you need to repeat the operation, be sure to use a clean cotton bud every time, and never put a used one back into the clean bowl of saline solution.
Some essential oils may also provide relief when applied to the inside of the nostrils. Before you use essential oils, make sure you’re not allergic to them. Avoid the use of full-strength oils. Several essential oils may cause serious problems when used at full strength.
Some of the recommended essential oils include
- Tea tree oil
- Neem oil
- Coconut oil
- Olive oil etc
Tea tree oil
If you are allergic to antibiotics or prefer to use only natural treatments, a very small amount of tea tree oil will also do the trick, but it may sting a bit. Tea tree oil is a natural antiseptic. It disinfects pores and dries out whiteheads and blackheads, making it a great ingredient for treating acne.1 Apply this twice a day using a cotton swab. If you have sensitive skin, you should dilute the oil with a bit of water before applying.
How to prevent nose pimple
- Avoid picking your nose or blowing your nose too hard or too frequently.
- Avoid using unclean hands to touch your nose.
- Increasing your intake of vitamin D may also help prevent acne in general.