Positive thinking is not accepted by everyone. Some, consider it as nonsense, and scoff at people who follow it, but there is a growing number of people, who accept positive thinking as a fact, and believe in its effectiveness. A positive person anticipates happiness, health and success, and believes he or she can overcome any obstacle and difficulty.
We need to adopt the attitude of positive thinking in everything we do. With a positive attitude we experience pleasant and happy feelings. This brings brightness to the eyes, more energy, and happiness. Even our health is affected in a beneficial way. We walk tall, our voice is more powerful, and our body language shows the way we feel.
Positive and negative thinking are contagious, we affect and are affected by the people we meet, in one way or another. This happens instinctively and on a subconscious level, through words, thoughts and feelings, and through body language. Is it any wonder that we want to be around positive people, and prefer to avoid negative ones? Negative thoughts, words and attitude, create negative and unhappy feeling.
How to develop positive attitude
- Always replace negative thoughts with positive and constructive ones. If the negative thought returns, replace it again with a positive one. It is as if there are two pictures in front of you, and you have to choose to look at one of them, and disregard the other. Persistence will eventually teach your mind to think positively, and to ignore negative thoughts.
- Irrespective of your circumstances think positively. Expect only favorable results and situations, and circumstances will change accordingly. If you persevere, you will transform the way your mind thinks. It might take some time for the changes to take place, but eventually they will.
- Stick to only the positive reports about you. Ignore what other people say or think about you, if they discover that you are changing the way you think.
- When you experience inner resistance and difficulties when replacing negative thoughts with positive ones, do not give up, but keep looking only at the beneficial, good and happy thoughts in your mind.
- Read about this subject, think about its benefits, and persuade yourself to try it. The power of your thoughts is a mighty power that is always shaping your life. This shaping is usually done subconsciously, but it is possible to make the process a conscious one. Even if the idea seems strange, give it a try. You have nothing to lose, but only to gain.
- Use your imagination to visualize only favorable and beneficial situations. Use positive words in your inner dialogues, or when talking with others. Smile a little more, as this helps to think positively.
- Speak some positive affirmations into your life daily.