A salt scrub is great for your skin. Its purpose is to exfoliate your skin, removing the outermost layer of dead skin cells and leaving your skin softer and smoother. Making your own sea salt facial scrubs is affordable and simple while allowing you to select the ingredients that suit you best.
Sea salt is also a drying agent which makes it such a great ingredient for acne prone skin because it will dry up any existing acne. It also kills acne and oil causing bacteria, ensuring that no further (or at least a lot less) breakouts occur.
Many types of sea salt are available, and all work to create a sea salt scrub.
Benefit of salt scrub
- Helps you relax
- Exfoliate and gives you a glowing skin
- Increases flow and circulation of bodily fluids within.
- Improve cellulite and age increasing flow
- Gets rid of dead skin and fight acne
What you need
- 2 cups of sea salt
- ¾ cup of olive oil
- 9-10 drops of essential oil
- Flavor/color (optional)
For fighting acne, you can choose from the oils listed below
- Lemongrass oil
- Frankincense essential oil
- Tea tree oil
- Lavender oil
- Clove oil
- Combine sea salt, olive oil, essential oil and your colored flavor in a clean bowl
- Mix until they are well combined
- Transfer to an airtight container.
How to use
- Apply to wet skin or face and massage into skin in slow, circular motions
- Leave for 5 minutes
- Wash off with warm water.
- Use once a night before bed.