Carrot is more than just a vegetable or fried rice ingredient. Carrots are actually very helpful in building soft, supple skin when applied externally. Carrot oil is rich in beta-carotene and vitamin A and E. It has many benefits, such as in hair growth. It also nourishes the skin, making it smooth. Carrot contains an anti-aging nutrient with antioxidant capabilities, Beta-Carotene, to help slow down the ageing of cells in the body. It is also beneficial for healthy hair. Carrot oil is also one of the best natural skin lighteners.
The benefits of carrot oil include;
- Improve blood circulation
- Heal damaged skin
- Treat hyper-pigmentation and evenly blend skin
- Protect skin from harsh weather.
- Strengthens and aids in hair growth
- Slows down aging and fade wrinkles
- Gives you soft and supple skin
- Prevent hair breakage
What you need to make your carrot oil
- 3 medium size carrot
- Olive oil, coconut oil, sunflower oil any essential oil
- Grater (for the carrot)
- Two bowl
- Sieve or any clean cloth
Procedures for making carrot oil
- Clean and scrape off the carrot, by using a potato peeler or a knife.
- Grate the carrot by using a food processor or a grater.
- Place a pot on a low heat and add coconut oil or any oil you’re using in the pot, add the grated carrot. You can also use a slow cooker to infuse the carrot oil. The point of using low heat or slow cooker is not to cook the nutrients in the carrot.
- Mix the shredded carrot with oil and let the carrot absorb all the oil.
- Leave the mixture for about 15 – 20 minutes, check and stir.
- Allow the carrot to infuse for another 10 minutes.
- Take it off the heat and let it cool down.
- Strain the oil by using a sieve to separate the oil, and bottle it up.
- Your carrot oil is ready.
Peel the carrots .Do not wash them. If they’re wet, dry them thoroughly without a drop of moisture before proceeding further.