Real Madrid Sacks Julen Lopetegui After Embarrassing Loss To Barcelona As Conte Waits To Take Over

Real Madrid Sacks Julen Lopetegui After Embarrassing Loss To Barcelona As Conte Waits To Take Over

”Nigerians must vote in the right leaders in 2019” ex-Delta state governor, James Ibori says
President Buhari finally reveals the real reasons behind herdsmen and farmers clashes
Photo: Nigerian policeman gets the beating of his life after shooting someone in Delta State

Spanish football giant, Real Madrid, has sacked manager Julen Lopetegui only four months into his contract after a disgraceful lost to arch rival, Barcelona, on Sunday. Recall that Lopetegui was sacked by the Spanish Football Federation just 2 days to the kickoff of the 2018 World Cup over his Real Madrid appointment after the RFEF president, Luis Rubiales, claimed to have found out only five minutes before the appointment was made public and two days before the tournament began.

Now, he has been dismissed by Madrid just a day after Real Madrid suffered a humiliating 5 – 1 defeat in El Clasico clash against Barcelona. The club’s Castilla coach, Santiago Solari, will take over on an interim basis starting on Tuesday.

The statement reads:

“Real Madrid’s board met today on 29 Oct 2018 and has agreed to end the contract linking coach Julen Lopetegui with the club. This decision has been taken to change the dynamic in which the first team finds itself, when all the objectives for the season are still achievable.

“The board understands that there is a big difference between the quality of Real Madrid’s squad, which has eight players nominated for the next Ballon D’Or, something without precedent in the history of the club, and the results obtained to date. The club thanks Julen Lopetegui and all his staff for their effort and the work done, and wishes them all the best in their professional careers.”



That is that… However in another sport gist
, Juventus and Portuguese striker, Cristiano Ronaldo has finally lifted the lid on why he left Real Madrid at the end of last season. According to the 5 times World Footballer of the Year Award winner, he decided to leave Real Madrid for Juventus after sensing that the Spanish club’s president, Florentino Perez, no longer saw him as being “indispensable”.

“I felt within the club, especially from the president, that I was no longer considered in the same way as I was at the beginning,” Ronaldo said in an interview with France Football magazine.

“For the first four or five years, I felt like Cristiano Ronaldo. Less so after.

“The president looked at me in a way that suggested I was no longer indispensable, if you know what I mean. That is what made me think about leaving,” Ronaldo said.


Ronaldo joined Juventus in a 100 million-euro ($115 million) deal in July, ending a glorious nine-year association with Real.

Ronaldo was an integral part of the Real Madrid team that won the Champions League for three consecutive season under Zinedine Zidane.

But Zinedine Zidane departed as coach in the wake of that game, something which Ronaldo admits confirmed to him that it might be time to move on.

“My decision to leave was not based on him going. That said, it was one of the little details that confirmed to me what I had been thinking about the situation at the club,” He added.

He added that he would “deserve” to win the Ballon d’Or this year, and in doing so would pass Lionel Messi by taking the award for a sixth time.

The winner of the prize, awarded by France Football, will be announced in early December. But while Ronaldo continues to enjoy great success on the field, scoring twice for Juventus at the weekend, he remains embroiled in off-pitch problems after being accused of rape in the United States.

A former American model Kathryn Mayorga, 34, of Las Vegas, accused Ronaldo in a 32-page complaint filed last month with a district court in Nevada, of raping her in June 2009, just before he joined Madrid from Manchester United.

“Of course this matter interferes with my life. I have a partner, four children, an ageing mother, sisters, a brother, a family with whom I am very close,” he told the magazine.

“That is without talking about my reputation, that of an exemplary person.

“Imagine what that is like to have someone say you are a rapist, or that you have this or that.

“I know who I am and what I did. The truth will come out. And the people who criticise me and who expose my life today, who make a song and dance about it, these people will see.”

READ ALSO:  Atiku Abubakar reacts after Tribunal declared Adeleke winner of 2018 Osun Governorship Election

COMMENTS