Lagos marathon is here again and it will hold on the 2nd of February. The starting point will be at the front of the National Stadium, Surulere, opposite Teslim Balogun Stadium.
The finishing point will be at the sales office of Eko Atlantic on Ahmadu Bello Way, Victoria Island
Start time for the marathon is 7.00am
However, some roads in Lagos State have been marked to be closed down.
Below are Alternative roots provided for all those who might wish to join the runners at the Eko Atlantic finish line…
All vehicles from Ikeja and environs headed to Victoria Island MUST go through Ikorodu Road.
· All vehicles from Badagry, Mile 2 and environs going to Victoria Island MUST go through Apapa and Orile to link the Eko Bridge to Victoria Island.
· Residents of Lagos Mainland, Surulere and environs MUST avoid Masha Area and National Stadium but can link Victoria Island through Iponri/Iganmu, Eko Bridge then unto Victoria Island.
· Vehicles coming from Ibadan, Mowe and environs can link Victoria Island through Ojota, Ikorodu Road, Eko Bridge to Victoria Island.
· Vechicles from Okota MUST go through Mile 2 to Orile, Eko Bridge to Victoria Island.
· Vehicle from Sango-Otta going to Victoria Island MUST go through Mushin, Funso Williams Avenue (Western Avenue), Eko Bridge to Victoria Island.
· Vehicles Coming from Epe, Ajah, Lekki and environs must use the Alternative Route to Victoria Island. Ikoyi residents going to the mainland can use the Alfred Rewane (Kingsway Road) link to Osborne then to the Mainland.
THE FOLLOWING ROADS WILL BE TOTALLY OR PARTIALL CLOSED
A. Total closure of the Third Mainland Bridge from 6.45am to 2pm
B. Alaka Road Service lane will be closed from 5.00am to 7.30am
C. National Stadium to Ojuelegba, Dormanlong Bridge. Onipanu Obanikoro and Anthony will be closed from 6.00am to 8.00am
D. From Anthony ,Charley Boy Bus Stop to Oworoshoki Will be closed from 6.30am to 8.30am
From Adekunle Junction linking the Third Mainland Bridge will be closed from 7.00am to 2pm.